Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm dumb!

Our preacher at the MacArthur campus was preaching on the affection of Jesus today. He was sharing about how while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. It was good stuff, and then he said something that I have never realized before

34Then(AO) the King will say to(AP) those on his right, 'Come, you(AQ) who are blessed by my Father,(AR) inherit(AS) the kingdom(AT) prepared for you(AU) from the foundation of the world. 35For(AV) I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you(AW) gave me drink,(AX) I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36(AY) I was naked and you clothed me,(AZ) I was sick and you(BA) visited me,(BB) I was in prison and you came to me.' 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40And(BC) the King will answer them,(BD) 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these(BE) my brothers,[f] you did it to me.'

I don't know how many sermons I have heard on this text, but it's a lot. He read that passage and said as much, you have probably heard this text many times.

He went on to say, "Notice who was Jesus here. Not the ones doing the serving, but rather the one's receiving the service. When we serve, we are not being Jesus to people. We are serving Jesus."

DUH! I'm dumb. That makes so much sense. It makes so much sense about the Kingdom of God. Those who are weak, those who are broken, those who are poor and troubled. Those people are Jesus! It is the job of us christians to serve Jesus!

Yup. Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

Joe B said...

Yeah, duh. Sometimes we are conditioned to miss the obvious, aren't we? I'll bet I do it more than I think...